In an effort to get Adam’s cute little BOY feet outta Jenna’s princess dress up shoes, we found him these boots. He’s worn them twice, and Jenna’s new Dora dress up shoes countless times. Oh well- hopefully someday he’ll want to be a cowboy.
My mom was done having the play kitchen at her house, since grandkids aren’t there everyday anymore, so she gave it to my kids. They are in love with it! Honestly, on Christmas morning, Adam wasn’t interested in opening a single gift because he was too busy making David and I treats. He didn’t tire of it for over an hour. It’s still novel to both kids, and has been moved upstairs. Now it is a huge distraction when we are getting ready for baths and bedtime. :)
David and I just smiled looking around at the room- it looked like Christmas Day! Of course, the kids wanted to immediately open all the boxes and play with everything. It was a great morning, even if it did take me the next few hours to get things organized.
I made Adam and Jenna sleeping bags. When we went on vacation in August, Jenna loved sleeping on the floor in our friends sleeping bags. I thought to myself, ‘I could do that!’ So after spending far too much money for materials (I did use coupons and shop sales), and hours upon hours putting it all together (finishing at 9:30pm Christmas Eve) the kids love them. I had to laugh when on one of my last trips to Target (I think it was the 23rd) I saw cute kid sleeping bags for a clearance price of $10. Ughh! I easily spent twice that on each bag, not to mention the labor that went into them… but that’s the point, right? A homemade, heartfelt gift from mom, right? Jenna’s is purple with fairies, and Adam’s is blue with trains.
David had talked to me about having a computer for the kids. I thought they were too young still, but he was anxious to get his old laptop up and running. He ordered a few parts for it and spend a few evenings getting it ready for our girl. He forgot about it until she returned from a sleepover at grandma last night. After we put Adam to bed, he pulled out the laptop and gave Jenna her very first computer lesson. He bookmarked a few kids sites, and together they explored how to work the mouse on pbskids.org. He is so much more patient at teaching her things like this than I am. It was cute and she just kept saying, “Thank you for this surprise dad.” She actually caught on really quickly too.
I think I might have finally caught up. I get bogged down when it’s been a while since I last posted- like I need something really good. When really, we’ve just been too busy living the good life to stop, take pictures and then to blog them.
Happy New Year everyone!
5 comments:
that sleeping bag is huge! Good job, looks super cute. I adore Jenna!!!!!! She is such a sweet girl, sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas ;)
How fun! I love the sleeping bag picture. I have those same thoughts after I make anything - I know I probably could have bought something similar for way cheaper and with no effort, but sometimes it's just nice to say "I made that!" And play kitchens are awesome - I don't know a kid in the world that doesn't like playing with them. Glad you guys had a good Christmas - thanks for posting! Miss you Scotts!
I love those sleeping bags. They turned out super cute and I know the kids will love them way more than one you would buy.
Way to go friend on sewing those sleeping bags. Yes you may have seen them cheap at the store, but yours are WAY BETTER! They're nice and spacious and super cute. I'm home and finally getting caught up on everything. So lets get together this week!
looks like a successful christmas! missed you guys
Post a Comment