Tuesday, May 24, 2011

her invisible tv friends

   For a while I just thought Jenna was doing her usual pretend play. It lasted for more than a month. She would tell me that her 'cousins' or 'friends' were coming to play, or that they were coming in the car with us. She would specify where they were sitting and exactly what they were saying. Her friends names are {in order of those most likely to come and play}Diego, Dora and Alicia. They come and play nearly everyday.
   Just last Friday, I think she told me that it was Diego's birthday 14 times.
   This morning, she put on her new shoes, walked into the other room and I heard her say, "Don't you love them, Diego? Pink is just for girls, but I think they had some for boys that were on sale too," and then she came to me saying that Diego wanted pink shoes just like hers.
    I had to get out the camera a minute ago after she asked me to help her get dressed for her 'pretend wedding' {her words} with Diego. I am thankful she's just pretending::
   I know plenty of kids have imaginary or invisible friends, and I am so glad I get to experience it with my girl. I love watching her imagination in action and I love listening to her solve problems with her 'friends'. It's cute- she really does care about them! If only her problem solving skills translated to her brother.;)
   I think it's wonderful that she enjoys pretending, but I am going to put 'find Jenna local friends' a little higher on the priority list. Any takers? Who wouldn't want to play-date with this girl?! I promise she'll wear pants and matching shoes. I canNOT promise that she won't be wearing the crown.

4 comments:

The McLemore's said...

please please - if it's her wedding, she really needs to be wearing something Temple Worthy.... The top might do, but where on earth are her pants ;) Love you and love Jenna Bear!!!!

Karen Scott Welker said...

Lucy asked me today when Jenna was coming to play. Now that you are SO much closer...

Leah said...

Uncanny! That's exactly what I wore to my wedding! Er, but not the one you came to, of course. The...other...one.

Erin said...

Ahhh, pretend friends. Maybe it was Diego's birthday? :)