We love having a yard {even if it is mostly empty and covered in rocks}. We have a large covered patio and the kids could puts around out there for at least an hour. In case you didn’t know, our other home didn’t have a yard, which wasn’t really a problem for us, since we didn’t really have the time or money to invest in landscaping {and it’s a perfect rental property with no yard to care for}. As we began house hunting, we knew that we wanted a nice size yard- for the kids to play in, to entertain, and to possibly plant a garden. We haven’t even begun to get the backyard in order- the inside of the house is still top priority {and coming along}- but both Jenna and Adam are in heaven. The other day just before dinner time, they both were getting antsy and needed to be entertained with something other than the tv. We got their shoes on and they went exploring in the backyard. The large window in the dinner area overlooks the entire yard, so I could keep an easy eye on them as they drew on the walls with chalk and tossed the balls back and forth. AND I got dinner together without any helpers! Wonderful.
Once we woke up from naps today, Jenna asked if it was time to play outside {it’s shaded behind the house in the afternoons}. We got out some paints and a small tray of water and they went to town. Painting and rinsing, painting and rinsing… until Adam dumped the tray over (of course). I found the old giraffe pool in the garage and pumped it up. Jenna was stripped down in seconds to get her swimsuit on, while Adam was a little more resistant. He kept saying, “No, no, No!'” but after watching sister, he came right over to get his trunks on.
They played for a good 30 minutes in the little pool… maybe we need to upgrade? Maybe. So fun, right? I love free entertainment, and now we have it in our very own backyard.
Oh, you see that climber in the background? A family from church that lives up the street are moving away and sold it to us for $40. Wonderful! {I think it’s just like yours Sarah, right?}. We do need some grass under it, so that I can remove the box at the bottom of the slide, but in due time. I still need to convince Dave that we could have a little square of grass or, even better, fake grass. I think it will be awhile before it’s perfect, but for now, we are LOVING our backyard.
5 comments:
So fun! Yea!
Totally the same! Sweet deal!
so fun!!! Yes do grass, just a little and get a push mower, they are really easy and just a little grass will grow quick!!! PS The above ground pools stay HOT during the summer... or so I was told. You should just push the rocks back and give them mud puddles to play in ;)
Holy cow, all the sudden Adam looks so tall and grown up in these pictures!
I am so jealous of your back yard! Your kids are so cute and look like they are having a great time.
Post a Comment