we picked up this little pool for Jenna at Walmart, and she couldn't be happier. we can set it up in the garage, so no sunscreen is required. Adam and I normally melt while sitting and watching her (even with a fan pointed right at us), but it is a nice escape for our girl. $10 well spent.
she did add a couple of new words to her vocabulary in the process of turning her toes into prunes yesterday.
#1 slippery. as in, 'Jenna! Oh my goodness are you okay? i'm so sorry you slipped and bonked your head, but the ground is slippery from the water. you need to be careful.' (no worries, she was fine thanks to word #2.)
#2 popsicle. 'Oh sweetheart, i think a popsicle would make it feel better. would you like a popsicle?'
we will probably be spending lots of time eating popsicles and playing in her pool for the next month or two. any other fun summer ideas to help us stay cool?

couldn't forget this big guy...
7 comments:
Gotta love the little pool, and the garage is a great idea to keep in the shade! Cute pic of Adam too!
Oh, he already looks so different from a couple of weeks ago. How dare they grow up so fast? As for summer plans, I think I'm going to the beach next week. You can come too!
She looks so cute in her red swimsuit! Ok, I'm ready to come back and visit her again!
Cute pool, and of course super cute kids. I'm glad Jenna is having fun and I agree, it is HOT.
Great pictures and good thinking to set up shop in your garage. Whatever works to keep cool, right?
I have an idea - come to our pool :)
oh my goodness that girl is tooooo stinkin cute! I just love her to death and Adam he's a cuttie!
Popsicles fix all problems, don't they? (Even now. Or am I the only one?)
Post a Comment