Friday August 12, 2011
We took the long way home so that we could build a sand castle.
Adam liked running from the water, but got a little too cold with the breeze.
Jenna LOVED jumping over the waves with her dad. The giggles were NON-stop. It was wonderful. Thankfully, she quickly got over her fear of sharks.
I love this shot of Adam below- he looks so happy! AND like such a little man!
Jenna was determined to have a sand castle.... which meant I had to get to work. Honestly, my sand castle makin' skills are a little rusty. She came back from jumping in the waves with her dad, took one look at my work and said, "That doesn't look like a sand castle." Nice. I had her help, and then she seemed a little happier. She really liked collecting water to add to the pile.
Dave and I were both gratefully for the detour to get this face from our girl.
Only one shower was operational at Ocean Beach Park, and the water was COLD. We rinsed the kids extensively before changing them in the car and loading up to drive 3 hours to our hotel for the night. They were both asleep before we got back to the freeway and slept all the way til dinner. Needless to say, bedtime was interesting since David and I were EXHAUSTED and thing 1 and thing 2 were not.
Overall, a wonderful day.













4 comments:
It looks like you had a fun vacation. I'm glad you were able to get away for a little bit, cute pics! Come to our pool play date sometime on Friday. :)
I do not understand how playing on the beach doesn't wear them out enough for a 12 hr night. I could!
Look how happy they are! Totally makes me want to take mine to the beach. But let's be real. Not happening. *Mutters something incoherent about Danny's eyes*
When did Jenna get her super-cute haircut? I love it!
Adam looks like such a big kid. Thank goodness for blogger or else I wouldn't recognize that boy from the last time we visited!
Post a Comment