Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Adam

I just wanted to record a few funny Adam-isms as of late, for prosperity sake.

The other morning, he was in his bed sobbing. The rails are lowered, so he doesn't need help getting out. I tried to call to him, but he just sobbed and sobbed. I went in to check on him, and realized he was crying because one of his 'helmets' (bowls) was on the floor and no longer in the crib with him. I picked it up for him and he immediately stopped fussing and allowed me to help him out of his bed. Every night I check on my sweet boy before I lay down to sleep, and more often then not, he's holding the little bowl on his head IN HIS SLEEP.

Adam likes to pretend and act out plots from the shows he watches. One of his latest is to walk around with his blanket over his head until we see him and act scarred. He'll then pop out and say 'surprise! It's just me, Adam, not a ghost". The last few weeks he has been quoting the entire dialogue from Cailou and saying, "It's just a costume, for Halloween. It's not suppose to scary, it's suppose to be fun!". David and I can't help but laugh when he puts on the 'costume' just to walk into a few walls before he gets to us.

At the dinner table last night-
Adam: I don't like this! No thank you!
(after about 10 minutes of this, regardless of pleading)
Heather: Then go sit on the steps until you plan to eat.
Adam: Okay. (as he walks upstairs)
... not three minutes later...
Adam: I be niiiiiccce!
Heather: Are you going to eat?
Adam: No, but I be nice (with his cutest face ever on)

 At prayer time before putting the kids to bed, we let each of them have a turn before either Dave or I says a prayer. Dave calls on each of the kids, and then either prays, or ask me to. The other night, Jenna said a prayer, than Adam. Once Adam said 'amen' he looked up at me and said, 'Heather?' just like his dad would to invite me to pray. Both kids get a kick out of calling David or I by our first names, and it always catches me off guard. Just now at lunch I asked Adam to say a blessing and he said, "No, Heather pray."



6 comments:

Leah said...

Helmet. Still my favorite Adam thing. Ever.

Kolena locksa said...

Hayden loves to call Brian and I by our first names. One day the YW president picked me up for a meeting and Hayden freaked out "She's taking my Kolena away!!!" LOL!

Susan said...

So cute - I love it all. I think we need to see a picture of Adam sleeping with his "helmet"! So funny :)

Mommie Babekah said...

I miss your kiddies so much. Can't wait til we can move back to AZ so we can see them more often. We need to skype soon.

Marne said...

That is so cute! I can't even imagine Matthew talking as good as Adam, it seems like he is so far away from talking. We miss you guys!

Sarah said...

He's an adorable, lovable, darling little STINKER! :)