Monday, September 12, 2011

We went outside!

   Those of you that are not *lucky* enough to live in the desert, might not understand, but me and these two crazy kids have been TRAPPED indoors most of the summer! We are all at the breaking point... cabin fever has set in and we just need to run around and enjoy the fresh air.
   We had some pretty ferocious storms over the weekend, mostly in the evenings, but I guess another one hit Tucson early this morning. We got dressed for the day and I was pleasantly surprised that the thermostat in the van was reading 82 degrees! Our first stop was the library, because I need a book, but we quickly hurried out of there to head over to the nearby park.


    A few other people were there, but it wasn't at all busy for how wonderful it felt! I just wanted to sit back and enjoy it so I was glad when the kids started a soccer 'game' with another little girl. They were running like crazy and oh so happy!

  We stayed at the park for about an hour, and then hustled to finish our other errands. Adam didn't make it all the way home before crashing. At noon! For my crazy 2-year-old that hardly naps more than 20 minutes, the hour that he's been on the couch is a big deal. Jenna brought her blanket over to share...
   I so hope these outdoor temps are here to stay, but I'm not holding my breathe.

3 comments:

Mayhem no longer said...

Silly woman. You can't hide out all summer long! I really would go crazy! I'm glad you guys enjoyed a little respite. I couldn't keep my kids in at all this morning, either. Seamus kept banging on the door until I unlocked it. Then he just ran circles around our backyard for a couple hours. If only Aislinn wouldn't eat the grass (or anything else she gets her hands on) going outside would be much more fun!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

If it's not for the pool, we don't go outside until around dinner time, and even then it's not for more than 20 minutes. I'm a wimp once it's over 100.

Lisa said...

I swear it hasn't been that long since I saw Adam last, but he is looking so old! Crazy. Glad you guys got out. I'm so over the heat too!