We did some cleaning up today, so I figured I should take a few pictures to share with you.
This is our spacious loft. The goal is too keep all the toys upstairs- ha! At least we try to return them upstairs at the end of each day.

We basically have our old living room furniture up here. It's a really nice place for the kids to play and the perfect comfortable family room.
One of our new treats with the new house was the elliptical machine. I'll be truthful and say that Dave uses it WAY more than I do. It's nice to be able to put a show on and watch while you exercise- and it folds up in the corner nicely when not in use.
Jenna's room is right off of the loft. We hope that Santa brings bunk beds for the kids, or else Jenna will be very disappointed. That was part of what we talked about with getting a larger house- room for bunk beds! I'm excited for them both to be in the same room, to be honest.
We picked a mellow-yellow for the kids room and it's cute. We put the princesses on the wall that first week, and can easily move them around when the time comes. It's the only bedroom with 2 windows, and so I'm still trying to figure out how to keep the intense summer sun out. Current, cardboard is up in one of the windows- but I'm working on black-out curtains. I also didn't estimate well when buying fabric for curtains. I need another panel for each window and maybe a extra ruffle at the bottom. I love the blues and greens and hope to incorporate them into the bedding. I painted the dresser in the other house, and will probably change it her once it's cool outside. Not digging the cream with the yellow- maybe something bright? The laundry closet is also right off of the loft, at the top of the stairs. I would show you, but it's a mess. I need more shelves built in and a pedestal for my front-loaders.

Down the hallway now.... The kids bathroom is on the right, and we have a small linen closet on the left. That's where I stock-pile all my coupon purchases. :)
Adam's room is the first door on the right, with another room right next to it. Adam's room has Toy Story stickers on the wall and he also has Cars curtains that were hand-me downs. It's the most bare room, with just a crib and a small bookshelf. We probably won't do much to it until it needs to be a nursery again- which is not yet.The 'Green' room has a queen size bed that is stacked tall with crafts and sewing stuff. Seriously, I just push stuff outta the way when I have something I want to do/make. It needs to be over haulled and really organized.... maybe after vacation. I want it to be used as a guest room- so I need somewhere to PUT all the stuff away.

The master bedroom is at the end of the hallway on the left. The window faces the front of the house and has AMAZING mountain views. We went with this darker blue and gray compo in our room and are really happy with it. The room is large enough to accommodate our huge California King bed and we're considering a sitting area- eventually.

Now downstairs!
We love our kitchen. It was something that really sold us on the house. There is plenty of space for both of us to be working in there at the same time and we love the countertops, which are synthetic granite. I would like cute decor for the tops of the cabinets... and curtains over the sink.
It's easiest to feed the kids at the counter, and the stools that we have went with our bar top at the last house, so they are too high for anyone much bigger than Jenna and Adam.
An eat-in dinning area was a must after our last house which had nice carpet under the table.
This is the view from the kitchen to the living room- it's pretty spacious. The tile is gorgeous too and also helped sell us on this particular house. Ah, you'll also notice the french doors in this one too.
The living area- can you tell that the frames on the wall are empty? I haven't decided if that's where I want them, and so I haven't printed pictures to fill them with just yet. We wanted leather couches, but never thought we would like WHITE leather. I love them. I love how everything just wipes off, and I love that they seem understated and blend with my colors well. You can't see it too well, but the coffee table is my next project- It needs to be black to match the entertainment unit.
The split staircase goes into the living room and right to the front door. The powder room is just to the left of this little hallway, and that's the door to the garage straight ahead.
The preschool room/play room/ office is just right of the front door. It could be a 'formal living room' if we were formal people. We move the climber when it's our turn to host preschool. That big window faces the front of the house.
And here's the front door/ entry way, and the other side of the staircase. The door opens to the side of the house, which was on the 'con' list- I think it's weird. We need to do some landscape work to install path lights and pavers because it's super dark out there even with a porch light. And I want some pretty plants.
We've been here for 6 months now, and really do love it. It's a house that we can easily be in for many, many, many years and hopefully we can get some projects done in the next year instead of just adding to our list.










6 comments:
Fabulous! I love the blue and the accent chairs in the family room are beautiful, I love them!!! Gotta come see your house, hopefully sooner rather then later now that I'm not longer a working person!
Okay. I'm sold. When can I move in?
Um, you forgot to mention the best thing about your house...the fact that it is 4 minutes away from my house! Totally awesome!
About time you shared some pics of your house! Love it! Looks so spacious and a great layout. So glad you guys have a place you'll enjoy for years to come.
You've done even more since I was there. Lookin' good. Love all the different accents in the rooms. Cute cute.
Love this post - I feel almost like I've visited now :) It seems like a great house!
Post a Comment