Last night, I hosted the Young Women's annual Christmas party. We had a graham cracker house contest and then a fun white elephant gift exchange. The kids were very excited to have all the girls at our house, and even acted as the judges for the contest.Jenna also saw the slew of candy, towers of crackers, and half-empty bags of icing left over (along with quite a mess) as the girls all went home and immediately asked if I could help her make a house. Of course- tomorrow!
Well she didn't forget and was hustling me through our morning routine so that she could get started. She told me that I would be in charge of making the house, and she would decorate it. As I struggled to get the crackers to stand up, she questioned my methods and asked if I had paid attention to how the girls did it.
Eventually, we were able to get a basic structure for her to decorate, and decorate she did!
![]() |
| ready for candy! |
![]() |
| 'really, must I pose for you?!' |
![]() |
| 'hey, I think I can do this icing stuff myself' |
![]() |
| Adam, seconds after I caught him face-down in that bowl of Christmas colored Nerds. |
She stayed busy for more than an hour and did a really great job. This is one of the traditions I was anxious to start, and glad that she was excited to work on it.
I helped with the original structure and some of the icing. I put the red 'lights' around the 'door' and the greens just above that. BUT other than that, she did it all. AND surprisingly she didn't eat too much candy in the process.
Merry Christmas!









3 comments:
Love it! Can't wait to see you guys. It's been too long.
Hosted? The bravery! I'm so glad my in-laws take care of this particular project for our family. I care much more for what actually goes in my mouth. So... yeah, Adam stole my tactic.
So fun! The kids are adorable! I love Jenna and I laughed out loud when I saw the pic of Adam, I could just picture him in the nerds! PS your christmas tree looks way to pretty for having 2 little kids around ;)
Post a Comment