- We have made 2 successful trips to the grocery store
- We had a lunch play date at Chick-fil-a
- We went to Micheal's and Hancock Fabric in search of crafting supplies
- We've had two park picnics
- We've played games and watched movies
- I think we went to Walmart just the once
- After the first week, I've stopped insisting on a naptime for mommy
- This week dinner has been ready when Dave got home from work
- Dishes are under control, and I refuse to let the laundry win the war
- It was wonderful having the Relief Society hold off on bringing meals in until after Dave returned to work. The first few days were rough, and it was nice to know that dinner was taken care of.
- The kids have been asked on a few morning playdates, allowing Megan and I to rest and get a few things done around the house.
- Friends have dropped by unexpectedly with meals and been more than happy to provide service.
- Dave's sales goal for the month of March was adjusted for the two weeks he was on paternity leave- so he not only hit goal, but exceeded it! A HUGE blessing!
- Adam and Jenna have been wonderful and remember Megan at every prayer time. They hear her cries and run to me to make sure I hear her too.
I laughed yesterday when I needed to run across the street to the grocery store. Megan was happily asleep with a full belly, and I knew she would be that way for awhile. I had the momentary thought of how NOT funny it would be if I just 'forgot' to take her with us to the store. Ha! Luckily she sleeps pretty well in her carrier, and except for that one time in Walmart where I had to convince her to take the pacifier, she's been a dream.
I haven't been as emotionally on edge this time around as I remember being with the other two. I guess I just know what to expect, or something like that? Honestly, I'm not sure what's different other than that Megan really doesn't cry too much.
Our one and only breakdown moment was last week at CVS. Megan was diagnosed (by Grandma and lots of moms at church) with Thrush. We got a prescription for her and I, but apparently she wasn't showing up as being covered by our insurance and so they wanted to charge me 4x's what our prescriptions normally cost. The guy at the drive thru said I would need to come it- um, not really an easy feat. We did it anyways, at 2 pm after running an hour+ worth of errands with all three kids. Adam had taken off his shoes, and the shopping cart was too small to accommodate her carrier and him. *sigh* I let the big kids run around a bit, while I talked to the pharmacy people. They asked me to wait and they would call. 45 minutes later, after they talked to our insurance company, they said she wasn't listed on our insurance. They also looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "It's something your husband needs to do at work." Yeah, thanks. For the record, David did call when she was just a few days old and get her information on our insurance. I saw the confirmation paper work. SO, I scooped up Adam, and he got really mad at me. He's kicking and screaming (remember that it's now nearly 3:30pm) as I pay way too much for the baby's prescription, that I could have paid for an hour ago in the drive thru. Once we get buckled in the car, I loose it. I'm tired and stressed and now EMBARRASSED. Wonderful. We get home and within minutes I have one sweet friend call to say she's stopping by with dinner and another just unexpectedly drop by with dinner and dessert. The one friend stayed and chatted and the other did my dishes. Divine intervention, I'm sure of it! (David did call the insurance company and they DID have the baby on the insurance listed as Newborn Scott. How the person on the phone with CVS couldn't put that together... I don't know. We will get reimbursed too.)
All in all, this three kid thing is not impossible. Is everything a bigger deal? Sure. Is there much space for groceries with 3 kids in the cart? Not really. Am I tired? You bet. Is Megan worth it? Get back to me in a few week...
KIDDING! Of course she's worth it! The End.

5 comments:
You are doing awesome, Heather! Such a trooper and you give me hope that maybe I can do it someday. :)
Yea for surviving! I also found 3 better than the change from 1 to 2. Hope all continues well!
Way to go!! You are awesome! My transition to two kids was a rough one, so 3 terrifies me. I admire you!
Sounds about right! The insurance thing is always so dumb for us, too, no matter how on top of it we are. Three is not impossible. More organizing and more details, but less trepidation about whether or not you're doing it right, which is nice. And you are, btw! :) Love crying pictures, too! Hilarious!
Loved this post Heather! I know I have told you many times that #3 was super super super hard for me. But I had baby # 4 soon after and you know what it all turned out just fine. And never be embarrassed they are kids and they were in the store WAY too long!!
Post a Comment