Sunday, May 6, 2012

Megan's Blessing Day

 Our beautiful Megan did wonderfully today for her special blessing in church. David gave her a lovely blessing and I was told she was alert and looking around the circle the entire time. I wasn't happy with any of the dress patterns I found, but fell in LOVE with this material months ago. I finally decided to make my own pattern. Ha! Why do I think I'm a better seamstress than I really am?! Surprisingly, it went together really well. I used a play dress that I had as a guide and just went from there. The sleeves gave me minimal trouble, and I was smart enough to skip the button hole and just used velcro this time around. I forgot her booties at home, so she wasn't wearing them for her blessing, nor the headband, but I thought they looked sweet. Isn't she just beautiful?!


I've turned the above picture 5 times and it's not working! Just tilt your head...

5 comments:

Jim said...

The dress was beautiful, as was the girl in it. Wonderful day, thanks for sharing with us.

sb said...

The dress looks fabulous - I'm totally impressed! And I agree that the fabric is lovely. Gorgeous dress and girl!

Leah said...

Ditto! Love it all!

The Wilker Family said...

I love that fabric! Way to go! She is adorable!

Clarkey said...

I will be in Tucson again soon...I want to meet this little girl!!!