At dinner time prayers... "thank you for Adam and the joy he brings to our family. Thank you for Megan and the joy she brings to our family. Thank you for Daddy and the joy he brings to our family. Thank you for Mommy and the joy she brings to our family. Thank you for me and the joy I bring to our family..."At bedtime, Adam has a tough time sitting reverently for prayers. Sometime we pray for him to sit reverently, but Jenna turned it into about a minute of "Please help Adam to not say please bless the food when there is no food" and "help Adam to sit still during my prayer". We finally had to tell her NOT to pray for her brother. So that night we got, "Please bless me not to pray all about Adam." I was in tears laughing so hard!
Her excuse for staring at her breakfast toast, and not eating it? "I don't want to mess up my chap-stick."
Sitting down to dinner, she would not stop talking. I turned to her dad and apologized for her being just like me. She stopped, gave me a silly look and said, "I'm not just like you mom. I yell a lot less than you." David and I both laughed. "Well, it's probably because I'm naughty more than you, right?"
Adam:
"Whose the guy you need to know when you've got a place to go? What's my name? (Adam!) Say it again! (Adam!) I'm the Adam, I'm the Adam, I'm the Adam!" {It's the Map's song in Dora, he sings it while jumping up and down}

Discussing if he needed a diaper change... "What's that smell Adam?" to which he said, "Poop! Poop is brown."
In the car, nearly everyday, "Nice driving mom!"
Hearing Megan fuss... "Mom, Megan needs you! Mom, get him (pronouns are tricky)! You can do it mom."
*photo's by Jenna*
3 comments:
I love pronouns. They make for giggles. So do your kids. I'm glad you are surviving 3 and that you have a lovely backyard to play in!
Hilarious. All of it.
Man, if this is what your two kids who can talk are saying, can you imagine what Megan is thinking? It bet it is pretty hilarious!
Post a Comment