Wednesday, August 15, 2012

we took some hikes

Trying to catch up on blogging. 

Remember how we went on vacation last month? Well, our goal was to spend as much time outdoors as possible. The kids were game for 'exploring' and we had fun.


 I found this stump and wanted each kid to pose on it.
 I couldn't decide which Jenna one was best.
 Adam found this 'Y' all by himself. He carried it around for about 10 minutes.
 Megan had no opinion on hiking. I think she's cute though.
 I thought this meadow was beautiful. It was an amazingly peaceful place. I love the mountains in the summer!
 It started to sprinkle on us a little, so we hurried back to the van. As we were rushing back Adam realized he had dropped his 'Y' branch. After we got loaded safe from the rain, Dave went looking for Adam's 'Y'... unsuccessfully.



These pictures make me smile. The kids really had a good time outdoors, and I'm so glad we took this little trip. 
 Adam wanted to wear his hat, and then he didn't and then he did. Typical, right?

 Taking a little snack break. It was only a 1/2 mile hike, but these small people were having a rough time. They did okay and whined way less than last year. Maybe we should hike more...
 I wanted proof that I was on this vacation. Megan did wonderful. She slept on me the first half and then we turned her around to see for the second half. Great workout.
*Jenna took this one*

*Self-timer family shot* Doesn't Jenna look darling?!


And that's me and my sweet baby just before loading back into the car. Love that sweet girl! (You can totally see her little cyst in this shot too- just above her left eye)

2 comments:

Clarkey said...

Looks like you guys had a great time...and that it wasn't hot. Yay!!

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun time. What a good dad to go find the "Y" stick in the rain. And Megan is getting big. Such a cutie. Miss you guys!