Friday, September 28, 2012

Insomniac thoughts

I didn't sleep last night. I blame the giant piece of chocolate cheesecake that I ate at 9:15 pm (AND it wasn't even that good!). While I wasn't sleeping, I had many thoughts--

Things people do that annoy me::
     -complain about being "poor" when they drive nice cars, live in a nice home and have never not had money to buy food. if your budget is such that you don't have money for extra things, that does not make you poor.
     -micro managing: as in asking grown ups to do what they have recently been reminded to do when they have zero history of forgetting to do what is expected of them.
     -talking down about their significant other. do you want other people to know ALL your business? I didn't think so. really, if you don't like each other that much, or if he/she is that consistently disrespectful, don't stand for it. do something (other than complain)!
     -giving a page long excuse as to why you are NOT able to do something/go somewhere that has been reminded to a group of people, when 'bummed I can't make it' will do.
     -complain but instantly shoot down any advice giving to help the situation
     -what's the deal with using 6 exclamation marks when 1, maybe 2, will do? AND purposefully spelling words wrong? or adding letters? of course the occasionally soooooo is one thing, but every time?
     -unnecessary, over-the-top, insincere praise. it's just awkward.
     -self-proclaimed 'super moms' that offer unsolicited advice and don't seem to understand that every kid is different.
   
Now by no means do I think I am perfect (FAR from it actually), but I have a difficult time not banging my head on the wall sometimes. Thankfully, I am surrounded by great people, but these things come up, and I'm getting better at just smiling. The Heather from 5 (or even 3) years ago wasn't so good at holding her tongue. Call it growth!
   

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hey, at least you had a productive night! ;)

Stacy said...

ditto.
love the late night list. Don't you love the thoughts that keep you us when you want to sleep? I mean us super moms never need sleep. We run on hugs and kisses.