Tuesday, September 25, 2012

...September...

It's totally stressing me out that I haven't posted in over a month. A MONTH! Unacceptable. Truth be told, caring for three little people is work. Lots of work. There is the feeding them and washing their clothes and entertaining them and driving them to Joy School and Kindergarten and occasionally I try to shower and look presentable. Occasionally. And this is all before noon. When the sweet princess naps, we party. Just kidding. Today I paid some bills, helped Jenna with homework and then a little craft project. No clue what's for dinner yet- that's never good. Megan will be up any minute and then we are all off to the kids first sports class through the YMCA. We're excited.


Megan likes eating. We started it a few weeks back (at about 5.5 months) and she loves it. Sometimes her tongue knows what to do, and other times she makes a mess. I think the last few days we finally got more in her than on her clothes. So far, it's rice cereal, squash, peas and applesauce. 


You wanna know what words are music to my ears? "Mom, I'm going to use the potty" or "Can I please use the potty, mom?". MAGICAL. Not a single accident in nearly a month. As frustrating as this summer was in the potty training department, I hold fast to the theory that they really train when they are ready. Super glad that Adam was finally ready, at 3 years 4 months old. He loves talking about Joy School and going to Joy School, but isn't always eager to participate in the class activities. Thankfully, most of the moms also have super active 3-year-old boys, so they understand. 


Baby girl turned 6 months old. We made her half a birthday cake (you know, for her half-birthday) and then didn't let her eat any of it. She weighed in this morning at 17.5 pounds and 27 inches long. She's sitting up wonderfully (just the last few days) and loves rolling around the floor. 


Because she loves rolling so much, it's tough to keep paper away from her. She happily munches magazines and cries when we take them back. It's really entertaining when she gets one of the kids latest marker pictures and gets color all over her face and hands. Classic. She gets up on her knees with her belly up like she's ready to crawl, but then just falls back down. I don't think it will be much longer. Time to install baby gates on the stairs. 
Jenna is loving kindergarten and is just awesome. We're gearing up for a little birthday party this weekend for her and she's super excited. Homework is a breeze, and her first quarter grades were very favorable. She is becoming quite the helper around the house too. She has her part for the annual primary program that's this coming Sunday memorized, along with her poem for school that's not due until after fall break. Jenna keeps her dad and I on our toes.

I'll try to be better about updates since I love having these times recorded. Man, these kids are cute! .... and cue crying baby....

2 comments:

Leah said...

Fun. Gotta love those kids!

Marne said...

I love keeping updated through your blog. :) You're kids have grown so much, so cute!!