Quite the set up! We arrived in SD the night before, just in time for a quick Denny's dinner, and Megan slept horribly. When morning came and everyone else was excited for the beach, I just kind of went a long with it. We got to our spot, set up and Dave took the big kids in.
They LOVED it! Adam would run back and say, "I love jumping in the waves mom!" or spitting out salt water just to run back to his dad. Win!
Megan on the other hand was not happy. I stayed with her and did everything to help her enjoy herself, but she would have none of it. I wanted to capture a picture of her angry face:
FAIL! Now no one will believe me that she was super cranky and fussy, but she was, promise.
But check out these mugs. Wonderful. Their goal was a sand castle, but we were too far from the water and
didn't have a bucket. Dave tried to make do, and Jenna seemed content about it.
I tried really hard to just enjoy myself, but it's tough to do when baby is so mad and just wanted to go. Dave took her on a walk, and when she cried for him to, he agreed to let us pack up after 90 minutes. Rinsing the kids off was an adventure, but I think we kept most of the sand at the beach.






1 comment:
Love the blogs. Such great pictures, sounds like it was a good vacation. Love to all, Grandma
Post a Comment