We got the call on our trip that our property manager had found renters-- wonderful news! We had considered being responsible and cancelling our trip since we've been financially challenged lately, but we agreed that we would just do it as cheap as possibly (i.e. free stuff, parks, beach, exploring). When we got the call, Dave said we could go to Sea World. For October, kids got in free. That saved us $140 for the two kids, but tickets for David and I were still nearly $80 a pop! The clincher that got us there was that we found out that our cousins from Sierra Vista were going on, so we tagged along. We got to the gates just as they opened at 10am, and were out as they were closing at 6pm. Good, busy day with minimal whining. We only lost each other once for about 20 minutes, and I had flash backs from nursing Adam at Sea World 3 years ago.
Adam didn't love any of the shows and HATED the 4D show (Megan and I left with him after about 5 minutes). Both kids loved the Sesame Street area, so we did make two quick stops in that area.
A Flamingo parade!
These cable cars were pretty neat. Jenna got to ride with her Aunt Kim and cousins Brooke and Holly and was super happy. This was at the end of the day so we headed out after this. I suggested the new Manta roller coaster, and so the big kids went with us and Kim and Ken took the babes. We waited in line for about 5 minutes and rode twice before they closed it up. Such fun!
We all loved the Dolphin show and the Shamu show was as fantastic as ever. So glad we did it, but will wait another few years before going again.









3 comments:
So many posts, I couldn't keep track of all my thoughts! I can't believe how grown up and adorable your kids are! I think it's safe to say that they would tower over mine. Oh well. Glad you were able to have such a fun fall break! Maybe next time we'll try copying you and *not* have a kid in the hospital the whole time. Genius!
Cool you guys went there...if you ever need vacation buddies let us know...we love san diego and would tag along_A
How fun! That is super cool that you met up with Kim's family - I think that would be the only way I could convince my husband to go :)
Post a Comment