Monday, November 26, 2012

Adventures at the Ostrich Ranch

We were just hanging out recovering from a busy few days (you know, hosting 29 people for Thanksgiving *that I have no pictures of*) when our friends asked if we wanted to join them at the Ostrich Ranch. Dave and I were both in, so we met up and drove the 15 minutes from our house over. It's only $5 for adults (kids 5 and under are free) and we got two large cups of feed. 
 Jenna got a kick out of feeding the goats and the deer.
 I was tending to Megan and was honestly okay missing out.
 Adam had ZERO interest in participating. 
 It was unseasonably warm at 85 degrees with no cloud or wind. (*Adam just saw this picture and said, "That's me. I don't want to touch those deer")
 The goats like to be up high so they're in an elevated trailer. Weird, I know. BUT Adam did like sending the feed up to them.
 Disgusting, but, I kissed this goat. Yuck! Okay, it didn't actually touch me, but it got way to close. Jenna thought I was hilarious.

 The ostriches were creepy and aggressive. Jenna was not interested.

 I think the Lorikeet Forest was our favorite part. Such beautiful birds! I was taking this picture of David when this bird landed on my babes head. Aggh! Thankfully she didn't notice and it didn't stay too long.

 I'm glad they landed on Dave and not Jenna or Adam. They would have freaked out for sure.




Here are our friends and their kids 'enjoying' the birds.

'Is there a bird on my head?' Megan was clearly not impressed, but was a good sport the entire time.
The monster truck tours looked pretty cool, but we would have needed to schedule that out a little better. Maybe in a few years we'll head over again. Fun times!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Ah, the Ostrich Farm. It's a classic weird place run by weird people. I'm glad you made your family experience this. Everyone should.