Friday, December 14, 2012

latest from the kids

Adam came home from Joy School with three frosted Christmas cookies. They were told they could pick one after lunch. The entire time I was preparing lunch they were bickering over who would get which cookie. Jenna wanted the star, and only the star, so of course Adam wanted it also. I said that since Adam made them he gets to pick first. Jenna whined  I told her that if she asked her brother nicely, he would probably share. She mustered up all her sweetness and said, "Adam, may I please have the star cookies?" to which he simply replied, "Sure, I'll have the tree one."

Megan is pulling herself up on everything now, so it's tougher to keep special things away from her. We were playing a game on the ottoman, and she pulled her cute little self up and grabbed a chip. Adam panicked, "You can NOT slobber on that Megan!" and Jenna just said (in the super high pitched voice that she uses for Megan) "No, no, no Meggy J! It's not for you" as she lifted her down and across the room.

Jenna was working on her homework the other day, and she is starting to have to spell more and more. She was writing a sentences and was sounding out the word BALL. She didn't even try before she turned to Adam in the other room and hollered, "Adam! How do you spell ball?" He didn't skip a beat and just said, "B-A-L-L, ball". Jenna smiled and wrote it down.

Another for Jenna... she's finally figured out how to make all her dreams come true! The other day in the car I was listening to her talk with the other sweet girl we carpool with. They had decided a few weeks back that they wanted to grow up and be pop stars. Jenna also told her dad she wanted to have an ice cream shop (David and I will have a special card to get us free ice cream anytime we want). When she said she wanted to be a pop star, I asked if she was going to be a mom. I guess she's been thinking about it, because she told our friend the plan; She'll run the ice cream shop in the morning, spend a little time with her kids and then leave them with their dad to be a pop star at night. 

We had the missionaries from our church over for dinner the other night. Adam was up to his usual dinner time antics, and was thoroughly entertaining us all. When asked if he wanted to eat one piece of either chicken or broccoli (to earn a slice of pie) he just kept answering by pointing to the rice. He did finally eat a piece of each and made a mess with his slice of chocolate pie. After the meal, the Elders shared a quick message with us, and Adam was using them for his own personal jungle gym. He was climbing all over, and the guys were great sports about it. It was fun to watch our usually socially reserved son be so friendly.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Love it. Adam spelling for Jenna is my favorite. That kid is something else!

Jim said...

Thanks for sharing. Miss those kids so much, give them love from Grandma, and please keep sharing! Love ya.