Friday, May 3, 2013

Pima County Fair 2013

Dave does not hide the fact that he doesn't enjoy the fair. Dust, crowds, heat, EVERYTHING costing more money and whinny kids... I guess I can understand. We skipped it last year with a new baby, but Jenna still talks about the fun she had 2 years ago. I begged David to take us this year, and went ahead and bought discount ride tickets from Fry's. We went just after lunch on a Friday that Dave had off work, so it really wasn't at all busy yet. 
 We watched the end of the monkey show- cute.
 Jenna got picked to hold the flag for the pig races- silly.

I enjoyed seeing the animals... for some reason I've never been back to the stables before. The kids were only mildly entertained and kept asking when we were getting a snack or riding the rides.


 Adam picked cotton candy to share with Jenna.
 Megan insisted on sharing my ice cream cone.

 This was the ride that Adam picked first. He was barely tall enough. I was nervous he would be scared...
 He held his breath for the first 5 seconds, but they yelled and cheered and immediately wanted to go again.

 I picked this roller coaster and made them go with me. 
It was probably a little too scary and neither liked being splashed.

 Dave was the lucky one to take them each down the large slide- 
Adam on the blue track and then Jenna on the pink track.


We didn't get a picture of the big ferris wheel, but Adam and I went together. The man at the gate tried to tell me he wasn't tall enough, and didn't care when I told him that he had already gone on 5 rides that had the same height requirements  Do 3 year old boys even know how to stand up straight?! I insisted and he was cranky about letting us on, but Adam loved it!


Overall, a fun afternoon at the fair!


2 comments:

Clarkey said...

Cranky Carnies...boo!

Jim said...

Looks like a good time. Such cute pictures (and kids).