Monday, August 5, 2013

Anniversary get-away!


 
Today, we've been married 7 years! This past weekend, we ran away together and it was GLORIOUS. Dave found a hotel with a pool and free breakfast, I made arrangements for the kids and we didn't look back. We had nothing planned other than to go to the temple. This is us pulling out of the driveway Friday evening.

We had dinner at Gordon Biersch. It was tasty, but the picture didn't turn out. Boo.
 Saturday, after sleeping in and a nice breakfast, we went to the temple. It was CRAZY busy! The parking lot was packed. I over-heard that they had 14 weddings and 16 missionaries getting their endowment. Awesome! We were hoping for the 10:30 session, but we knew that wasn't going to happen when we sat down at 10:15 and the room was already standing room only. Since we didn't have kids to rush back to, waiting was wonderful. It was a very relaxed session and we enjoyed the new presentation. I asked someone to snap our picture and it brought back heat-stroke memories from our wedding. Who gets married in August in Phoenix?! It was HOT! We rushed to the car and got over to a circle K for some cold beverages... which ended up getting spilled on both of us as we were getting them in the car. Ha!























Dave picked Qdoba for lunch- his favorite nachos. He then told me what else he wanted to do that day: Drive an Outback!

Camera phone picture that I can't rotate in blogger... annoying. Anyways, we had a fun test drive and he fell in love. Here is Dave's new dream car.
I would love for him to have one... maybe when we pay off my van.

We had ice cream, walked the mall, and just had a perfect slow day. We went to Old Town Scottsdale for dinner, and had pizza at Grimaldi's. We had a table right by the oven and Dave enjoyed the show. This easily became my favorite pizza that's not Dave's.

So that was our exciting anniversary. We didn't experience any expensive, fine dinning or stay in a posh resort, but we were together and it was PERFECT. Our kids were wonderful in our absence so we hope to be able to do it again. I am so happy to be married to my best friend. This weekend reaffirmed to us just how blessed we are.

We got home Sunday morning, in time to feed the kids lunch and get ready for church. I put the girls in dresses that our nieces wore in our wedding- they looked super cute!



 After church, Jenna wanted to take my picture.



I love looking at our wedding pictures. I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world that day, but she doesn't have anything on me today. Loving life with this great man!

2 comments:

Leah said...

So fun! I'm super excited to get the temple pronto too... That was good timing. :)

Jim said...

Glad you got away for your day. It's a great thing to do. David does love his food, that is quite the plate of nachos, I'm jealous. Super fun that your girls can wear those dresses, they look so cute. Hope you know it's Grandma and not Grandpa that leaves all these posts! We rented an Outback in Salt Lake before the MTC, and really liked it. If we don't ship the Buick back, that is what we are thinking of getting. Hey, we could be twins. Love to all.