I came across my journal from 10 years ago. I spent all of naptime reading it yesterday and I couldn't help but smile. Many of my thoughts as a 20-something-year-old were focused on my future. My future schooling, my future career, my future money, my future children and all too often on my future eternal companion. I didn't date all that much, but the few relationships I did have seem to have stopped before they really started-- I knew they weren't 'the one'. I even wrote something to the effect of "So I really like this guy, but I just don't know if he's my husband. I always thought that I would know when I met my husband."
Sure enough, the spring of 2006 hit and I knew. Only a few short entries left in this particular journal before my thoughts weren't able to focus on anything BUT Mr. David Scott. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever, and I still wish I had written more about those first few months together, but I was obviously too busy living those months to write them down.
As I was reading and reliving these memories, I was transported back to that 20-something-year-old me. I was silly and self-centered, and everything that a girl of that age should be. It was funny thinking that what I wanted so much back then is EXACTLY what I have right now. I even tried to guess when I would have children and be a mom (I was only a few months off once it became clear that I wasn't getting married at 22).
I am grateful to have such an amazing family. I love being a mom. I LOVE being loved by a wonderful man.
I'm glad that that girl that I use to be got so much more than she ever could have imagined.
I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for all these great blessings.
1 comment:
Beautifully said
Post a Comment