A few months back, Dave started running. He made a pretty
ambitious goal to run thePhoenix Marathon in the spring.
I found a local run that I thought would be good
practice before committing to the expensive marathon.
It had the option to run a 10K or a half-marathon.
We had been back from vacation for only a few days
before the run was scheduled and I didn't think Dave
was ready for the half--it's a little more than twice the 10K.
BUT he did it!
He ran 13.1 miles, didn't die and wasn't the last.
The kids were very excited to play at the park and wait for
him to get to the finish line.
Megan didn't mind that he was hot and sweaty- she wanted to be held.
Jenna was very excited about the 1/2 miles kids fun-run,
but then didn't even do it.
Adam and I ran the 1/4 mile run with his
age group and had a blast.
All the kids got medals and a DQ coupon for a
free ice cream for running.
We are all really proud of David for setting a goal and working towards it.
He said he felt good and really enjoyed it.
The organizers had a great set up with lots of snacks/drinks
and a huge raffle. Dave's turn at the massage table came up
so Jenna and I picked him out a cool new water bottle.
I loved that his kids didn't want to leave him alone for even a minute!
We are looking forward to March 1st in Phoenix! Dave
is registered and ready to go all 26.2 miles.
He'll have the best cheering squad, that's for sure.
2 comments:
Ha, I don't think I'd want a massage AT ALL directly after a long, sweaty run! But way to be, runner fools! Who are not shy about sweat! J/k. Maybe he's one of those... not stinky people. ;)
Congrats to David. I don't know where the running gene came from, but I'm glad he does it and enjoys it. Keep us posted about the upcoming run in Phoenix, go David!!
Post a Comment