My Megan was a black cat. She had black pants,
so all I did was buy a black shirt from target.
I found this scrap of black velvet, and we made her
a skirt with a detachable tail.
I sewed the ears, then painted an old headband
and hot glued them on.
Worked perfectly!
She did pretty well about keeping them on.
Adam wanted to be Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
He thought he could just wear his favorite T-shirt and call it good.
I made this vest for him from an old pair of David's pants
(in the same way I did for Jenna's Diego vest, 2010).
He helped me find the gold ribbon and buttons at the store, but
then wouldn't try it on for me. I told him that he would get no
treats unless he wore his costume- he consented.
I cut a plain t-shirt and painted the stitches on. He got
the sword and headband last Christmas-
I thought he looked like a perfect little pirate.
Jenna picked this angel dress out at Target.
I had the best intentions to make her
a dress, but ran out of time. It was already 20% off,
but tore the first time she put it on.
Annoying.
Thankfully, I was able to stitch it right up.
She was happy and looked beautiful.
Dave wore his Reese's shirt to work for Halloween-
I was impressed that he
participated in a 'holiday' that he doesn't like.
Below is proof that I participated in Halloween. The kids liked
that I was 'Super Mom'... and it was kinda fun.
Trick-or-Treating was fun. Megan was tired and not that
impressed until she realized what was happening.
She tried to eat every treat that got dropped
in her bucket immediately.
Silly girl!
Adam was Jenna were both frightened of everything creepy-
I don't blame them!
I don't think I'll ever get use to the gory parts of Halloween.
Give me cute ghost, pumpkins and fun kids costumes any time,
but zombies with skin falling off their faces and costumes covered
in fake blood? No thanks!
I don't have any pictures from our ward Trunk-or-Treat,
since Dave had to work late that night and
I had to wrestle the kids myself.
They all had just as much
fun running around with their friends then
playing the little carnival games.
I love seeing everyone's creative costumes though.
One of my favorite things about Halloween in making the
kids costumes and helping them 'become'
who they really want to be.
I'm hoping that one of these years my family will
let us all coordinate for some sort of theme...
I have to get thinking and start convincing them next summer!
.jpg)

2 comments:
Also along with not getting the gore, I get completely grossed out by candy body parts. So disgusting! I found my kid chewing on a gummy hairy toe. I threw up in my mouth just remembering it.
sorry, my comments are not being published. Guess I will have to use Dad's account. I love the blog, the costumes and the children. They are adorable. Thanks David for getting in the spirit, I think the children love it when Dad is involved.
Post a Comment