Monday, January 27, 2014

Enjoying our perfect weather

On Friday, January 24, Jenna had a half-day from school. We picked her up at noon, and headed over to the zoo to meet up with some friends. The weather was PERFECT! We have such a great zoo- it's one of the things I love about living in Tucson. You can easily see all of it in 2 hours.


Megan ran ahead of the stroller with the other kids and was entertained (and entertaining) the entire time. We watched most of the animals before running along the path to see what came next. We have another set of new baby lion cubs and are anxiously awaiting them being on exhibit- they were not out this day.


I made her stop for the littlest minute to take a picture with her mom while riding the elephant. The bigger kids were all too busy with friends and exploring to take any pictures.


Adam enjoys the zoo, but it's all about the park train *after* we're done at the zoo. Jenna was in the red car and I crammed in the blue car with Adam and Megan. Megan enjoys sticking her head out the window, which is pretty much against the rules. 


The only bummer about an afternoon zoo trip is that we miss naptime and quiet time. The big kids even crashed! Miss Jenna peeked her eye out at me, but was asleep just before we pulled into the driveway.


I love taking fun outings with the kids and enjoying our wonderful January weather. We have to soak up as many good days as we can before the dreaded summer hits.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I feel the same about our weather. It's like park day all day, every day around here! And look at Megan with all that cute hair! How did she grow up already?!

Jim said...

I miss the zoo and going with the grandkids. something else to look forward to!