David has been training and today was the big day- 104 miles in El Tour de Tucson!
I found an app that worked great for me to track his progress in real time. I needed to know that he was okay! It made it convenient to track him down to cheer also. We found him past the half way mark. The kids were bored waiting but were thrilled to cheer as he rode by.
We then waiting in the Children's Museum which was right by the finish line. AND of course David's phone battery died so my plan to see him cross the finish was ruined.
We finally found him with his medal.
I am so beyond proud of this man of mine! He set a goal that seemed impossible, trained like a beast AND finished without injury. Our prayers were answered and the weather was perfect.

How great to be part of something that brings our community together. I always get emotional cheering for all the riders that pass by and today was even better.




No comments:
Post a Comment