Friday, June 13, 2008

FRIDAY

yippee! we are going camping tonight- which we have never done. i am a little excited to sleep in a tent because it has been a really long time (4th year at camp, maybe...?). jenna and i need to swing by walmart later today to pick up a few more things, but other than that, we are ready! wish us luck and check back for pictures in a few days.

on another note, i am really mad at google. jenna and i (i always say jenna and i, but really she didn't help much) were making a father's day card for dave yesterday. i was looking for an online image of a sign or a trophy to use as the cover, so i typed the word "daddy" into google images. i use google images ALL the time and have never been disgusted with the results. pornography actually came up. lots of it! so after quickly closing all the tabs, i still have this sick feeling that my computer has been violated! dave says that i need to change all the settings so it never happens again. i am going to do it right now. but just think that if a child, or worse, a teenager, were exposed to that in my home! it's times like this that i understand the harm of the internet. now i am going to be one of the crazy moms/aunts that is always looking over shoulders trying to protect whoever is on the computer from what i had happen to me. the moral of this story is to check your internet option settings before it happens to you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I use Google images all the time too! I can't believe that happened! You would think a company like Google, which every kid uses for school reports, wouold be a safe choice! Scary! Thanks for sharing and giving us all a heads-up.

The McLemore's said...

I wanted to see what would come up on my computer so i went to google and did "daddy "images" I got nothing. I guess Mark has it set up right. I sure hope you covered Jenna's eyes quickly, she is still so pure!!!