Monday, June 16, 2008

Jenna does NOT like camping!

Okay- I'll make this brief. We get to the camp site, set up and get the camera out- batteries dead. Can you believe it! How can I blog without pictures?!! So I was crushed about that. We had a great time staying up way past our bedtime around the campfire with friends- that was the highlight of the trip. When we tried to get into the tent and scoot the sleeping Jenna to her own little corner- it was all over. My precious baby that has slept through the night- I'm talking at least 8 hour stretches, sometime 12 hour stretches- since she was 8 weeks old, was up all night long!!! She was too cold and just could not get comfortable. I cuddled her, wrapped her up tight, put her between Dave and I, nursed her, went to the car in the dark for a new diaper, NOTHING WORKED! I'm sure we both fell asleep here and there, but it was never for very long. She was miserable. Some on the other kids were up with the sun, and at this point Jenna could not have been more ready to get out of the tent. Dave said she looked scared and must have thought this was our new home. We were more than happy to get home by 8am where Jenna allowed us all to take a 2+ hour nap. She woke up to eat and then went back to sleep. The moral of this story- charge your camera batteries often and Jenna would much rather sleep in her crib.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Jenna! I don't blame her - it's cold and dirty and hard - no fun for babies! Oh, the key is to always leave an extra set of AA's in the car. Love ya!

Reina said...

I also HATE camping so I don't blame sweet baby Jenna at all!! Oh and I am so sad I wanted to see picture:(

The McLemore's said...

maybe she is just a girly girl already and knows that she will never enjoy camping. Real girls like beds with fluff and bathrooms. She's a smart girl.

Moeller Family said...

That's hilarious! Jenna is such a cute little girl. Guess she knows what she wants. Thanks for the comment on our blog friend! We are still working on a name for sure, but our favorites are: Ethan, William, Tyler or Trevor. We'll post it as soon as we decide. :)