Thursday, July 31, 2008

getting well

so after moving all day saturday, we spent all day sunday at the hospital. when dave woke up in awful pain sunday morning, we both decided that the er was neccesary. we got jenna ready for church so that she could meet up with her grandma and grandpa, and off we went. it was decided very soon that it was a faulty gallbladder that was causing his ever increasing discomfort. he was admitted by two pm and was being prepped for surgery by 6 pm. crazy! it was scary, but we were glad that it was a relatively easy fix. jenna got to have her first slumber party with uncle jeff and aunt lisa and i was able to bring dave home at 11 pm that same night. made for a very busy day. we just had the internet set up, and i have been lost without it! we are 100% done with our apartment and are LOVING our home. dave has spent the last two days watching me take care of jenna, ella, and noelle, and still being able to help him out when necessary. (i would like to think that he has a new found appreciation for me after watching my day.)

7 comments:

Savana said...

I hope he gets to feeling better soon. That same thing happend to my brother-in-law while we were all at the Lake for a week. They had to go home early for surgery! I guess those galbladders know when it's best to malfunction (note sarcasm). Congratulations on your new home!

Stephanie said...

That is so scary. I am glad that everything went well with the move and your husband.

Adam and Samantha said...

Wow, that sounds like some crazy days!! I'm glad everything is ok now! Have fun setting up your house, we're really going to miss see you guys at church!

The McLemore's said...

I'm so thankful David is okay, we were really worried about him and I can't wait to see the new Casa!!!

Susan said...

Poor Dave! I'm so glad you're loving your new house though! That's so exciting!

Moeller Family said...

Gotta love gallbladders! Glad things went well with the surgery and with your move! How exciting to have your own home! Jenna has such a darling face too!

dave and melissa said...

hey i found your blog some how! that is so exciting that you are in a house. you will have to get on my blog. becky just had a baby. it is under wilcox. talk to you soon


adamsfamilyrocks.blogspot.com