my love of lactose
we have a dilemma at our house. since miss jenna is now drinking whole milk, our milk needs have increased. dave claims he's lactose intolerant (i say claims only because he still eats ice cream, drinks milk shakes, and has no problem tolerating the lactose) thus requiring soy milk. i prefer skim milk for the simple fact that i don't notice a real difference and would rather not waste my daily calories on 1% or 2% (also my reason for drinking diet soda on the occation that i do drink soda, which is not regularly). i know that jenna can drink skim milk, but i also know that she needs the calories. so what does this family do? we have 3 milk cartons in our fridge. is there another solution that i am not seeing? david and i have tried compromising- he attemped to convert me to soy, but i did not like the taste it gave my cereal- but it seems like we are just going to be a three-milk family. silly huh!?
WE DO!
8 comments:
That honestly is so funny because I have the exact same problem! I have tried to do the soy milk thing but I just love my skim milk and soy doesn't taste the same to me.
You'll probably just have to grin and bear it! For the past year, we've had 3 different types of milk in our fridge: 1% for me, 2% for Jeff and whole milk for Sadie. Now that she's two, we're down to 2, but I know there's no converting Jeff to skim (which is what I'm on now)...
I guess if you're able to drink all of it, it's no big deal. But, do you like the soy milk except for on cereal? You could probably get away with 2% with Jenna and then use that on your cereal only if you don't mind the thickness, then drink that or soy yourself. We're skim drinkers, too, though, so I know that thick stuff sometimes isn't too appealing.
We do 1, 2 and whole normally, but we get WIC right now so Ryan (begrudgingly) goes between 1 and whole since it's free. As long as you go through it before it goes bad I guess you just have to make the room in your fridge and wait til you little one is older.
Ha! I thought we were the only 3 person family that bought 3 varieties of milk! Guess not! And milk is crazy expensive lately too. :(
We have had the same problem. Joe has finally converted to skim for me but won't budge on white bread so we still buy too much bread. I know it's hard to buy all those kinds of milk that you may not even finish. At least you're still probably paying less than formula though.
It's great to see that so many of you understand. Funny huh? And I will buy milk for Jenna any day over formula- and we do finish all that milk most of the time :)
That is too funny. We also have 2 different types of milk in our fridge. Skim for me and whole for John!
Post a Comment