Tuesday, November 11, 2008

'...Thousand Days' in just a few


LOVED, loved, Loved this book! I read Shannon Hale's Princess Academy and Goose Girl and fell in love with her style. I tried getting into the other Goose Girl books, but Enna Burning sat on my night stand for weeks. I read the first half and didn't care to finish. After reading too many books that I didn't like, and from hearing that my sister-in-law quit reading Breaking Dawn (lucky), I just decided not to finish it. With so many great books out there, why continue to read something you don't want to? I picked up this book, and couldn't put it down! It is a great page turner and such a fun story. The only thing I hate about finishing a book is finding a new one. Any recommendations? If you haven't read Book of a Thousand Days, check your local library. Don't I sound like one of those kids from Reading Rainbow?

2 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

I loved this book too. Have you read "These Is My Words" yet? That's one of my favorites. "Byzantium" is another favorite. I'm reading "The Hiding Place" again for our book club. It's at least the fourth time I've read it. Wonderful book.

Karen Scott Welker said...

I just got "Inkdeath" from the library today. Inkheart and Inkspell were my favorite books until I read "Princess Academy." Nah, I think I still like Inheart better. I just hope I like this final installment as much. Wish I had more time to read!!!