The girls and I are book junkies. We love to read. We read board books together. We read picture books together. If I'm, let's say, doing dishes, the girls will be caught reading. The other day I couldn't see Jenna from my place at the sink, and I couldn't hear her either. I said, "Noelle, what is Jenna doing?" You guessed it. She was oh so quietly looking through a book. We try to go to the library often to pick out new books too, but we always seem to come back to the same ones over, and over, and over again. I have only had to tape 2 pages from rips, which I think is fantastic for a 2 year-old and a 1 year-old. Our favorite, FAVORITE, Favorite book right now is Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney. I can quote the words and Ella is getting really good at finishing the phrases too. The story is about a Mama Llama and a little kid llama, Llama Llama, running errands on a Saturday. Llama Llama is not exited about shopping and.... well, I bet you can guess what happens, but expect some Llama Drama. When Llama Llama gets mad in the book, I make a mad face, and the little girls are still working on their mad faces.
Ella can't make a mad face on cue, so this is an actual mad face that came because I wouldn't let her see her previous picture on the camera.
This is Jenna actually posing with her 'mad face'. I am in love with that scrunchy nose and the grunting noise that she makes when she's doing this. So far today, I have only read Llama Llama twice, but I can almost guarantee that I will be asked at least three more time.
6 comments:
Love the mad face, especially when she's not really mad! So good you are reading to them. I love books!
Jenna is so cute!!! That's great that she enjoys reading. :)
I haven't read that one! I'll have to check it out for Lucy. As long as it doesn't give her any ideas. She already has quite the knack for getting mad at mama.
Are you sure Jennas angry face is not her pooping.... It looks more like a concentrated push and you did note she grunts while doing so. Those girls a super silly!
as you well know, these are some of Brandon's favorite books too. Love the expressions you got them to show
We love llama too! Next time you're at the library check out "Pinkalicious" by the Kann sisters. Jenna's mad face is great!
Post a Comment