Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

None of my pictures came out super great- and Jenna is impossible to pose for anything, but I wanted to get a Christmas Post posted.


Christmas Eve-


After a delicious pot-luck dinner (I got to make the dressing, scalloped potatoes, and a yummy salad) and the nativity play (because I am 'with child' I got to be Mary with the help of a small pillow), I made a comment about opening presents. The kids were in the living room and sorting gifts within seconds, until someone said 'oldest to youngest'. After a collective sigh, they all waited patiently as the great-grandparents, then the grandparents and then the parents opened their gifts. It was a really wonderful evening spent with family. I find myself all too quick to cry these days, but I did shed a few tears as Dave's dad said the blessing on the food and mentioned all the family that couldn't be with us that evening. You were all truly missed.


Christmas Morning-

Jenna let us sleep in until about 8:30 am, so we were both up and excited to open our gifts. Jenna's stocking had two trucks in it. These are her first trucks- and she was very excited to play with them.
Sometimes, I like to make my expectation clear so that I am not disappointed. I have been finding little things over the last few weeks for David's stocking (toothbrushes, etc.) and I asked him to fill mine. On Christmas morning, my stocking had an orange, 13 tubes of blistex, and $10 in it. How funny is he?!! We are hoping the blistex lasts for the year.

Somehow, Dave ended up with the camera and got out of the pictures- lucky. Here is Bed-head Jenna and I with our Christmas Loot.



Christmas Day-



We headed to Phoenix to spend the weekend at my parent's house around Jenna's naptime. She slept the entire way, and was still kinda cranky when we walked in. We were immediately rushed to the tree to open our gifts. Where was my camera?!! Still in the car, I think (My mom did get some, so maybe I can add some shots if she emails them *hint, hint mom*). We all loved our gifts from my siblings and parents.

We enjoyed a nice, mellow weekend at my parents house watching movies, eating yummy food and chasing the kids around. Jenna's favorite part was Auntie Rissa's doggies that were outside the first day. She kept calling for them all weekend out the back door and the kitchen windows, even when they had already gone back to their house. This kid likes dogs- which she did not inherit from either of her parents.

The kids love Grandmommies little table. Abby, who is only 6 weeks older than our Jenna, is a super great climber. Jenna saw her climb up the chair and on to the table once, and we could not keep either of them off the table all weekend.
Rich got a little lesson from grandmommie about playdoh, and he had a really great time playing with it. He was sweet enough to share with Jenna, and she loved it too. She only once tried to eat it, and then just stuck to smelling it and squishing it. They played for nearly 30 minutes.


Dave was able to sneak away on Saturday and ski in Flagstaff. The snow was fantastic but traffic coming home was awful! It took him nearly 6 hours to make the 2 hour trip.

We headed home on Sunday after church, just in time to watch the Cowboys end their season. It was a sad way to end a great Christmas Weekend.

6 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Some of the pictures are weird- i tried to 'fix' them because they were super dark- but now they look fuzzy. I guess you take what you can get...

Susan said...

That's A LOT of Blistex! How funny! And I love Jenna's bed head - it's very cute.

Brooke said...

I enjoyed the update on your Christmas. How nice it must be to live close to both your families and enjoy extended christmas holidays

Karen Scott Welker said...

Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your blog. How nice that you did oldest to youngest this year. Never happened that way when I was young!!!

Reina said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! I love that you got tons of Chap stick:)

The McLemore's said...

Thanks for mentioning the doggies, they love Jenna too :) I think the pictures are cute and Jennas bedhead is priceless!!!