Tuesday, June 2, 2009

the many joys

this morning jenna was up before adam. i'm really, honestly considering blacking out her window. her room is already mostly dark, but i cannot get up with her at 6 am. do you think it will work?

adam woke up with morning, and his jammies were just a little wet. after he nursed, i changed his clothes and set him down so as to get miss jenna dressed. he started to fuss a few minutes later. when i picked him up, i discovered a yucky yellow stain creaping up his back. uggh! so i changed him again, and went to wash my hands. when i returned to him, less than one minute later, he was soaked. i don't know how he did it, but he went through 2 onesies in 5 minutes! does this mean he needs to be moved up to size one diapers, or is it just going to happen occasionally regarless of what i do?

jenna has cried her way out of nursery two sunday's in a row. last week it was just for the last hour, but just the other day she didn't last more than 15 minutes. what are we going to do? dave teaches during the first hour, and i'm normally feeding adam. how do we remind her that she LOVEs nursery? honestly, she loved it for that last month and would walk right in- i want that back.

and about the binkie. when can i get rid of it? for so long it was just for naptime, but now she whinnes and whinnes for it. she won't give up! i admit it, i'm soft, and i give in. do i just need to be strong?

oh yeah, and the crib. i feel bad for the toodler bed. it's been shunned and has yet to be slept in. adam is only getting bigger, and will need the crib here in a month or so. what's a mom to do? and do not say 'buy another crib'. i worry that that will curse me with twins next time. :)

when should his 'stem' fall off? it's still there, and seems perfectly content about being there forever.

thanks- sorry no pictures. next time...

7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my, I feel like I've forgotten completely what it means to take care of a newborn! Blowout diapers? I totally forgot about that part! Honestly, with Caroline's pacifier and crib, we went cold turkey. The crib broke and the paci got lost and we just didn't buy new ones! Out of sight, out of mind I guess! But every kid is different, and she's still pretty little.

Leah said...

i am not going to pretend to know half the answers you want! BUT we bought adelle "blackout" curtains at bed bath and beyond and i LOVE them. i wanted to keep cute curtains in her room, so we got a double rod. she can't even tell if the sun is out or not :)

Bekah said...

Two onesies in five minutes?! WOW! I say, go up a diaper size so as not to risk repetitive blowouts again. Better to be safe than sorry, right? Isn't it amazing how much you forget about having a newborn? I think Heavenly Father does that on purpose...

Karen Scott Welker said...

Remember that Jenna is going through BIG changes right now. It's very normal for her to revert to some old habits. She needs to know she is loved and hasn't been replaced. Talk about Nursery through out the week. "Let's color, just like we do in Nursery . . . " and don't even try taking away the binkie right now. Mom used to tell me "She won't go to Kindergarten with it." That's when I'd start to worry.

Sorry about all the advice. I am perfect, you know . . . with perfect kids. Hang in there. They grow up eventually. And then it's a whole different set of problems.

The Wilker Family said...

These are some of the things that go through my head if I think about having a second kid! I don't have much advice since I'm still just working with one, but we do have a black-out shade for Preston. The previous owner already had it since his room gets the most light. It's one of those ones you roll down and up and hide behind our cute curtains so I don't think it would be too expensive. It's great for naptime and in the morning I think it gets me a few extra z's. Good luck with everything else!!

Adam and Samantha said...

I swear little boys have way more blowouts that little girls, bigger diapers may help though! As for the binkie, I say let her have it, but I'm a softy too,Ethan had a bottle way past when your "suppose" to take it away and he is still alive. As for the crib, I don't know, try laying down with her in it, and maybe if she sees you in it she'll want to try it out. Good luck with all of that, It's a little crazy with 2 huh? Some one told me that when you have another little one try not to change too many other things for your other kids, the baby is a big change already. So don't stress too much about everything, it will all work out, just remember everyone's kids are different, so what works for other people is not necessarily right for you little ones, just do what you think will work, you know best, your the mommy!!

Darin and Elaina said...

I agree with all the other great advice others have already given. I remember we had to be sure to put our boy's pee-pee (sorry I can't write the other word)facing downward because if it was facing upwards it would soak, or leak out. You are not weak for letting Jenna keep the paci for a while longer, it won't hurt anyone. There will be a time when you will know it's ok to stop but no worries now. I am sure you are both doing great, you are great parents!!!