Tuesday, December 15, 2009

{insert title here}

1. my wisdom teeth were removed a month ago. after dry sockets, an infection and lots of pain the first two weeks, i thought i was all better. nope. another procedure done yesterday to remove the tissue that had healed wrong (and cause a tightened jaw, and more swelling) ... so i'm crossing my fingers that it's done. blah!

2. learned from a recent cookies exchange, that i just prefer chocolate cookies. yes, dave makes awesome oatmeal cookies and pumpkin cookies are fab, but i really don't like sugar or other white cookies. i came home with a towering tray of 7 dozen cookies, in 25 different varieties, and have taken a bite out of every kind. i found 3-4 new recipes that i will make again, but other than that... eh.

3. my baby took a bottle yesterday. voluntarily, from me! it was shocking. i'll try it again today... maybe i have something here...

4. bought a 2010 calendar from target for $1. isn't the dollar section great at target?! but, really, it should be called the 10 for $10 section, because i always end up with too much... in that 2010 calendar, i happily marked the first sunday that my sweet adam will be able to attend nursery. yes, next november. that is when i plan to attend all of sunday school and relief society again- and i can't wait (but i will)!

5. jenna can tell jokes. she heard a 'knock, knock' joke on one of the pbs cartoons, and tried to tell it too me. i helped her a little, and she's been all over the place with it. we taught her another one to go with it. do you have any classic 'knock, knock' jokes we could teach our 2-year-old? (the one's she knows are 'Ivan' and 'Boo'- i don't want to ruin the punch lines for those of you that will see her at christmas) :)

6. teething sucks. sucks. sucks. enough said.

7. how do you get crayon out of fabric? i let jenna have crayons at church on sunday to share with her cousins, and what would you know, dave's white shirt now has crayon on the sleeve. i haven't tried ANYTHING yet. i suck at laundry, and am still {unsuccessfully, i might add} trying to get fired. remember how i got 13 sticks of blistex last christmas? i think i have washed and dried 3 tubes in the last 6 months. i now have a large sign up over the dryer that says 'CHECK THE POCKETS'.

8. i now have 3 wardrobes. maternity, regular, and the in between. it's fabulous! i've been pulling out clothes to wear that i haven't seen in 2 years--

the end. for now.

6 comments:

Mayhem no longer said...

Ditto on the cookies, I whole-heartedly agree (and I even brought the pumpkin cookies!). Second, I've used a towel and a warm iron to get crayon out. I found a site online that explains it, if you want. http://www.ehow.com/how_2084064_clean-crayon-stains-from-clothes.html

Leah said...

I have assorted clothing stashes organized seasonally and by size, too. I used donate cute things to DI if they didn't fit anymore. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Sarah said...

1. I have a VERY hard time walking out of Target without spending at least $40.
2. I've also heard that an iron with newspaper works. Haven't had to try it. But the chapstick/blistex - not coming out. Pitch it - it's a goner.
3. Hooray for the miracle bottle!
4. My personal favorites are Keith and Dwayne (knock, knocks). If you need the punchlines, call me!
5. That is just TOO many cookies. I'd rather a brownie anyday.
6. I'm so glad that you are my sister! :)

Karen Scott Welker said...

1. Nasty and I'm sorry. Wish I could wave a magic wand for you, because I totally would.
2. We'd make a good team, because I like all the cookies you don't. Must be a Scott thing, because Jay likes all the chocolate ones.
3. Yay!
4. I've learned to just walk right by. Quickly.
5. "little old lady"
6. Amen.
7. Don't ask me. I just turned all of our white clothes (including our unmentionables) blue. Yes, I used my favorite color catcher.
8. I have 3 wardrobes too- Clothes I hate, clothes that are worn out and clothes that are comfortable, but look terrible!

Love your posts. Makes the sting of being away a tiny bit less.

Brooke said...

Jenna is too cute and I'm happy to hear that Adam has a tooth poking in! hope you are feeling better and getting more sleep

Rob and Sara said...

Rob and I have washed so many burt's bees chapsticks in our laundry and I used to just throw stuff out but I finally found that Pine Sol will get the spots out. You've got to put it directly on the spots and let it soak but it works! As for crayon, I'm not there yet. Sorry! :)