Thursday, December 24, 2009

photo shoot with the Scott kids

Heather: Jenna, you look so beautiful in your Christmas Church dress. Can I take your picture?
Jenna: Sure mom.
(we go outside)
Jenna: Can I hold this rock mom?
Heather: Sure sweetie. Can you smile?
Jenna: Cheese!


Heather: Okaaaaay. Let's try inside with the Christmas tree. Leave the rock outside.

(we go inside)

Jenna: I'm not going to smile. I'm making a grumpy face.
Heather: What if I put brother next to you? Will you smile?
Jenna: Can I hold this bell?
Heather: Whatever floats your boat- just look at me!Heather: Let's try the couch. That way Baby Adam won't fall.
Jenna: Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way... {she continues singing}
Adam: (thinking to himself, because he doesn't talk just yet) Are we done yet?Heather: Jenna, over here. Look at me!
Adam: Give me that bell! I want to put it in my mouth!
Heather: Okay Jenna. You're done. Let me get just Adam.Adam: Seriously, are we done yet? I am not going to smile. Promise.
Jenna: Please sweet boy? Smile! I love you Adam- I'll give you a yummy treat.
Adam: (still not smiling) Nope. Not. Going. To. Happen.





This is just an exert from the 45+ pictures I took
in hopes of getting a good one for
the Christmas card.
Stay tuned for that one...

I welcome any tips on how you photograph your children.
It seems like most of the pics are blurry and if
one of them looks great, the other looks silly.
My current approach is just to keep snapping away
and to be thankful for digital photography.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I LOVE the one of them looking at each other (or in each other's direction!)Super cute!

Unknown said...

I just bought a dSLR camera and it has made a HUGE difference. Granted I haven't tried to sit them down for a formal photo shoot... but I don't miss the cute moments because of shutter lag. I'm thinking for the next few years, Christmas pics are going to be more for laughs than anything :)

Sarah said...

Seriously, I laughed out loud. Your kids are so funny, and I can't wait to see them!!! Love ya!

Karen Scott Welker said...

You know your kids so well. We have many a picture of our kids with the "Is-this-over-yet" pose, including some of our 14 year old from a couple of months ago. You might have to get used to this look.