okay, so my sweet adam is nearly 9 months old. i would love to
begin weaning him. which is tricky when the kid won't have
anything to do with a bottle or a cup. i'm thinking the best course of action is to just skip a bottle and go right to the cup. the problem is that he has no idea what to do with a cup! most 'sippy' style cups require some sort of suction to be created, and mr adam is clueless. i've tried a few different varieties, and he loses interest before he figures them out. any advice? i've put breast milk in the cups and that still doesn't work. like i said~ he's just silly.
5 comments:
My friend had this issue as well. She took all the valves out of the cups and dumped the liquid in his mouth EVERY TIME he drank. No way am I that patient! W/ Adelle I used Nuk sippies at first. They have squishy tops so if they gnaw on them a while, stuff comes out, and eventually they get the idea that sucking is more efficient. I am hoping someone can teach me to communicate telepathically with this baby so that I can just avoid all of the dumb hang-ups of development. :)
We used the NUK sippies with Haylie and Ashtyn. but Ashtyn took a bottle ok until about 9 months then completely refused to take anything but me until she was about 11-12 months. I just kept giving her more food and giving her the cup but slowly trying to get her to nurse less. She eventually got the Hang of it but she wasn't completely weened until about 14ish months.
GOOD LUCK!
I like the straw idea. Especially if it's in a cup full of Sprite. He'll love it.
That is funny. . . we used the nuk sippys with elizabeth too. I am a huge fan of them. Also reed is useing the nuk bottles right now and they have a pretty fast flow so it comes out without much suction, maybe that will give him a start?? reed would not take one but if you keep trying eventually they will. we had to hold him while he was focused on the tv so he didnt realize it was something new, a few days of that and voila he took a bottle! good luck!!
We found a Munchkin brand cup at target with no valve- just a squishy sippy lid that he's doing okay with. He is more interested in chewing the handles though... like I said, he's silly.
Post a Comment