Monday, April 26, 2010

Old Tucson

  David’s company was hosting a family event at Old Tucson Studios, and we were excited to take the kids. I had only been out there years ago to tour all the Halloween decorations, so I was anxious to see it. We were told to come dressed in our best ‘western wear’. Well, we don’t really have ‘western wear’, other than plaid here and there. Dave thought it was a great idea when I jokingly suggested he wear his Cowboys shirt. So that morning, I had Jenna’s outfit all picked out, but when she saw her dad in his Cowboys shirt, she wanted to be like him. The bad news is, that our little girl doesn’t have a Cowboys shirt. She cried and cried (the sad cry, not the whinny, annoying cry that’s easy to shrug off). I grabbed Adam’s jersey and showed it to her under the pretext that it might not fit her. Well it did (100 mom points). When we got to the gate, they were handing out hats for everyone. Check her out:

IMG_0967  I never seem to get pictures of me with the kids, since I’m normally holding one or the other. So, I’m trying to make more of an effort to hand the camera off now and again.IMG_0969

  We rode the train and loved it! Yes, the baby is wearing pajama’s, but they are Cowboy pajama’s. They say:

'How to be a Cowboy: 1. Get a big hat, 2. Make a lasso, 3. Name your horse, 4. Put on your boots.’

IMG_0970IMG_0971 IMG_0972 IMG_0973 IMG_0974 IMG_0976  IMG_0980

  Jenna enjoyed the carousel. It was really fast, and I had to hold Adam instead of letting him sit on the horse. We were the only ones on it!

IMG_0983IMG_0982 

  We drove the cars too. Jenna started out next to her dad, but ended up on his lap because she wanted to steer.

 

IMG_0984  IMG_0986 IMG_0987

  Jenna loved dancing to the live music while we all enjoyed a delicious lunch. She talked the entire lunch hour about ice cream, and who can pass up FREE ice cream??

   I did ‘help’ her a little with her cone so that she could pet the goats. 

IMG_0989 IMG_0990 IMG_0991 IMG_0992

  The pony rides were the only thing we paid for. The sign said ‘by donations’ so we had to find an ATM. It was fun for our girl- how spoiled is she with all these pony rides lately? ;) If you click on the pictures for a closer look, please disregard her chocolate mustache.

IMG_0993  IMG_0997  IMG_0999 IMG_1001

  This was Adam after a couple hours. He’s been teething again lately and VERY clingy, but I do love when he rest his sweet head on my shoulder.

IMG_1002

  I am looking forward to seeing the professional pictures we got taken all dressed up. I’ll try to post it when we get it.

  Made for a fun-filled Saturday morning! We spent a few hours and then headed back for a short rest before a family birthday party. Busy Saturday!

2 comments:

Bobbi & Noe said...

That looks SOOO fun! What great family time!

Susan said...

How fun! I remember having fun at Old Tucson as a teen, so I never thought of it as a fun family activity. We'll have to remember that next time we're in town!