okay, so me and my young son are fighting. he’s been teething for more than a week thus making him impossible 65% of the time. impossible. last night, he would not stay asleep. we would rock for 10 minutes, dose off, get him in his bed, just for him to wake up screaming 15 minutes later. not a big deal if it happens once. but 3x’s?! not cool. we ended up cuddling on the living room floor. i think we slept like that until close to 3am. a year ago i would have just said, ‘he not a great sleeper’ but that has just not been the case for the last 5 months. we lay him down every night by 8pm and rarely (like maybe a dozen times?) does he make a fuss until sunup.
he’s also been crazy picky with food lately. he’ll love something one day, and the next day will spit it out the moment it gets in his mouth. for example, today he’s only eaten cereal, scrambled eggs and fruit snacks. *sigh*
i’m praying that it’s just a weird teething phase that will stop the moment his teeth stop hurting him…because I want my sweet boy back!
in a moment of clarity today, he reminded me why i love him so. i wish that these shots were in focus… but they’re not. i know i’ve said it before, but please disregard the background clutter.
the entire time he was trying to get jenna’s goggles off, he was saying ‘cheese’ because i had the camera out. love him. but i will love him more if he let me sleep uninterrupted tonight.
***UPDATE*** Young Adam slept like a dream last night. He went to bed at 8 pm, was up for a few minutes at 4 am for some more medicine, and then back asleep till 8 am. And you know what? He’s happy this morning! Crazy what a good nights rest will do for you. Wish us luck the rest of today and again for the next few nights. ***
3 comments:
I just thought I'd let you know you're not alone. We've had on again-off again night screaming for the last couple of weeks. She'll sleep through a night, which gives me hope, then we'll be up for 3 hours the next night. It's the stupid I-teeth. I agree with Leah: why can't they be born with teeth? Because, we too were having a lovely, happy, good sleep experience up until this point...
Guh, whenever you get a kid in a sweet groove, something always throws you for a loop. Hang in there, Mommy. They have to run out of teeth eventually! :/
I do love a kid in goggles, though.
Loved reading the past few updates. I sure hope you are feeling all better, and I'm happy to hear Adam is getting back to his adorable self. :)
Post a Comment