My first response was, “You’ve got to be kidding me!” Then I decided we would try fixing both piggy’s. I stared with hot glue for the one on the left. The glue was too thick, and none of the pieces fit together tightly, so it looks like a messy puzzle. For piggy #2, I thought to use rubber cement and be more patient. The seams were meeting up and sealing nicely, but one of his ears was completely shattered. What’s a mom to do? Do we head back to Target to spend another $10 on a bank? Or do we put that $10 into one of these less than perfect banks? Is there a way I could reconstruct piggy’s ear?
Friday, October 8, 2010
tale of two broken piggy's
Jenna’s sweet Auntie sent her a pink piggy bank for her birthday. It arrived broken in the box. Jenna was crushed when she opened it. We agreed to go to the store to find her a new one. Today, we headed to Target to find a new piggy bank. They didn’t have one just like the original, be we decided to get the pinkish-purple piggy on the right, and we could paint flowers on it when we got home. When we arrived home, I opened the back hatch on the car, and the piggy rolled out right onto the garage floor. Minus 1000 mom points for me.
My first response was, “You’ve got to be kidding me!” Then I decided we would try fixing both piggy’s. I stared with hot glue for the one on the left. The glue was too thick, and none of the pieces fit together tightly, so it looks like a messy puzzle. For piggy #2, I thought to use rubber cement and be more patient. The seams were meeting up and sealing nicely, but one of his ears was completely shattered. What’s a mom to do? Do we head back to Target to spend another $10 on a bank? Or do we put that $10 into one of these less than perfect banks? Is there a way I could reconstruct piggy’s ear?
My first response was, “You’ve got to be kidding me!” Then I decided we would try fixing both piggy’s. I stared with hot glue for the one on the left. The glue was too thick, and none of the pieces fit together tightly, so it looks like a messy puzzle. For piggy #2, I thought to use rubber cement and be more patient. The seams were meeting up and sealing nicely, but one of his ears was completely shattered. What’s a mom to do? Do we head back to Target to spend another $10 on a bank? Or do we put that $10 into one of these less than perfect banks? Is there a way I could reconstruct piggy’s ear?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
They're better this way. Let Jenna pick one to keep as a reminder that her mother loves her enough to try really hard.
Totally keep them, I bet with your craftiness you can totally make so you can't even see the broken part!
I agree- I would keep them- makes for a good memory! (ok- so maybe not a GOOD memory- but you know what I mean...) Could you put a bow on the piggy's ear to hide the cracks and the hole? BTW- your kids are super cute!
oh Kate's thought the piggy bank was such a good idea!!!! MOM told her it would break! Poor Jenna Bear, good thing she won't remember....
Mod Podge fabric over those babies, cut the hole for the coins and paint on the face and any designs you'd like (or you could use vinyl... wink, wink). Once you get a few coats of Mod Podge on the fabric it will harden up nicely.
Oh sad day! Talk about bad luck. Poor little Jenna. I agree with the first comment. :)
NO!!!!!!!!!! How sad! We had 2 broken piggies too within the last 6 months and replaced them with those SUPER CUTE Target piggies. They are spendy so I hope my girls take care of them! Reminds me of back in the 50's when the only way to get money out of your pig was to bust it anyway, haha!
Post a Comment