I've had these in the plans for a while, and was excited to surprise him with them. I followed the pattern to the t, and when he tried them on on Christmas Day, they were all wrong. I was crushed that they apparently were 'old man pants' with an above-the-navel waist line... not cool. I removed the waist band, cut 3 inches off the top and then reattached the waistband. Lots of work, but now he can wear them! Just about a week shy of the end of the Cowboy's season... sad. I want to make matching pants for the kids and have plenty of fabric--- maybe in time for next season.
_________________________________________________________________
My sister made a comment early last fall that her yet to be born daughter didn't have to be blessed in white. While that's true, I wouldn't let it happen. Something provoked me to volunteer to make her a dress. I insisted it would be my gift to her. Why did I think I had the skills to make such a little dress?! I bought this pattern and some pretty white material and got to work. I took a very long break after I had to reattach the bodice because the gathers weren't working out, and another long break after having installed the first sleeve three times. After Miss Evelyn was born on November 2 (the day before my birthday), I got back to work and nearly finished it. Woo hoo! All that was left was the button's and button holes. Easy right? You would think. My machine was revolting against me and after one successful hole, it wanted nothing to do with the other 4. I cried. I gave up. I tried again, and again gave up. I tried on my mom's machine, and the fabric would just not feed. I got another hole in, just for it to be too small. What the what?! I cried some more. Ultimately my other sister saved the day and Miss Evelyn looked lovely on her special blessing day. It was a little big, but she's just so little compared to either of my babies (or at least what I remember). It was a good lesson and hopefully I can make another for #3's blessing day.
____________________________________________________________________





5 comments:
Seriously awesome work, especially considering you claim to have so little experience. I think you're better than you think you are. Zippers can be finicky, so I'm impressed that you knocked that out so well. Good job!
Very cool. And I feel your frustration, the clothes that I made for the navy blue wedding didn't turn out. The purple were great. Grr. On to the next project, right?
Great projects!! For real, I'm way too scared to try anything with a zipper or anything like that.
I can totally relate to crying in frustration over sewing projects!
You are awesome! I have no patience for such things.
Post a Comment