Sunday, January 29, 2012

siblings

David and I were staying in bed this morning in an attempt to catch a few more minutes of rest, even though the kids were up playing. These are some snippets of the conversation that we heard, and arguments we settled.

Adam comes into our room crying: Jenna hit me. On my shoulder!
(We call for Jenna, she comes in)
Jenna: What? I didn't do anything.
David: Did you hit your brother? If you are telling a fib, I want you to sit in your bed until you
are ready to apologize and be kind.
Jenna: *sigh* (she walks to her room)

... a few minutes later...
Adam: Jenna! You ready to be nice?
Jenna: Yes Adam.
Adam: Then you can come out if you are going to be nice.

They play nice for a few minutes, until we hear...

Jenna: Adam, you are the WORST brother ever!
David and I: Jenna, Come here!
Jenna: (walks into our room with a very guilty look on her face)
Heather: It makes me so sad to hear you say such mean words to your brother. Why
would you say that to him? (continue on with a mini-lecture about how Heavenly Father wants
us to be kind in our families...)
Jenna: I'm sorry, I'll go tell him.

... she walks out and we hear...
Jenna: I'm sorry Adam.
Adam: It's okay, it was an accident.
... they continue on with their pretend picnic...

David and I both smile and roll our eye. It makes me laugh at how tolerant he is to her sometimes! I know at some point he'll be bigger than her, and maybe then she won't get away with being such a pesky sister to him. Sometimes he's the pesky one, but other times he's just so tender-hearted and just wants to play with his big sister. Excited to watch their relationship grow :)


No comments: