Reservations were strongly encouraged, especially to members, but Saturdays and evenings went quickly. About the third time that new reservations were 'opened up' I was able to snag us a spot for a Saturday afternoon. It just happened to be the LAST day of the open house, so we were pretty anxious to see it after it seemed that everyone we knew had already been. Phoenix and Tucson are experiencing record breaking temperatures for February. It was 90 degrees out for our nearly hour long outdoor wait.
The kids did wonderfully and 'oohed' and 'aahed' at all the right moments. Megan was a stinker when we were holding her, but as soon as we let her walk (in her little bootied feet), she was perfectly reverent. Adam's favorite part were the 3 golden elevators and looking for all the crystals. Jenna LOVED the sparkliest chandelier that has ever existed in the Celestial Room. We were able to talk with our oldest girl a little bit about how special it all is and she says that of course she wants to be married inside.
It was exciting to see so many people that were curious about this sacred building. We stopped before heading to the car and found someone to take our picture.
Of course the sweet kids can't all look at the camera and smile for the same shot...
As we pulled out of the parking lot Adam starting singing "I love to see the Temple" entirely on his own. Jenna joined in and David and I both got choked up. Sheesh- I love these kids!
I didn't even know our computer had photo editing, but they came up while I was uploading these pictures. The one below is one that I was able to 'tweak' just a little. I am so blessed with this sweet family!
February 15, 2014
1 comment:
So glad you got to go. It looks so beautiful, and such a beautiful family. Love Adams singing!!
Post a Comment