Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Family Fishing Day

We had a Family Home Evening lesson recently about what we can 
do to be an awesome family. 
We studied the advice from the First Presidency 
given in the Family Proclamation
and decided we needed to do more fun family days. 


The kids have been BEGGING to go fishing. It was kind of
adorable how much they wanted to go. 
We kept saying that when David's leg was healed and he could walk
easier that we would go. Dave made a Walmart trip and bought a few poles
and some tackle, and we headed out.


It was VERY windy on this particular Saturday morning.




Megan enjoyed the iPhone. Typical.









Casting is tricky, and funny all at the same time.








I was recently released from my calling in the Young Womens after 3 years.
As sad as I was to leave 'my girls', I am excited about the opportunity to 
serve in the Primary. On my first week, I was able to learn a new song
the kids are learning for this year. I printed a few copies so that we could
learn and sing it together as a family.


It's called, "The Family is of God" and the chorus is a wonderful reminder
of how special these families are that we've been blessed with.






'God gave us families 
to help us become what He wants us to be-
This is how He shares His love,
for the family is of God'



I am so very grateful for this wonderful, sweet, 
amazing family that I've been blessed with.
I know that I need them as much, if not more, then they need me.


3 comments:

Mayhem no longer said...

Cute pictures! Looks like a fun time was had by all!

Leah said...

Aw, this is sweet. It's fun to see friends grow up and be happy.

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.