Monday, June 16, 2014

This kid turned FIVE


 Clearly, I'm behind. Adam turned five on May 7th and he couldn't have been more excited. He knows that his birthday comes after Megan's, so he's been ready since the end of March for his turn. 

 As a family, we celebrated by eating out at Eegees and then coming home for chocolate cake. 



His gifts from us included the Pogo stick he's been talking non-stop about, his 'Agent P' shirt and some Jake and the Neverland Pirate Lego's.



 We had a small party at Peter Piper Pizza with a few of his favorite primary/neighborhood friends, and he took in donuts to his preschool class.


Adam is a pretty easy kid to please, and still fairly sensitive. He LOVED going to preschool with Miss Dana this year and I just know he will do wonderfully in Kindergarten. He is VERY close to reading, since he's still crazy about letters and numbers. Adam's favorite shows are Super Why, Team Umizoomi, Pingu and Justin Time. He loves his sisters, but knows just how to push their buttons too. He will happily play the ipad all the day long, with his favorite Apps being those with letters and numbers (go figure). He enjoys being outside, but doesn't tolerate our extreme heat very well, so unless we're getting wet, he doesn't stay out for more than a few minutes. Adam will hum and sing to most of the popular songs on the radio- his current favorite? Ingrid Michaelson's 'Girls Chase Boys'. Ha! He LOVES to put his clean laundry away and will pester me until I fold his basket so that he can put the clothes in his drawers. He is very insistent about our daily night-time routine, so we let him tell us which songs and the order of who says prayers. I don't think a little boy could love his dad anymore, but he's also very affectionate to me (which I love). He is always asking to go fishing or play ping-pong or go out to a restaurant or to go to the beach or to go to Disneyland. We sure do love this witty, quirky five-year-old boy and can't wait to see how much he'll grow this coming year. David and I laugh and laugh at his antics and unlike his older sister, he LOVES that we think he's funny. He's pretty excited to have a little brother too, and if baby brother is half as cool as our Adam, we'll count ourselves pretty lucky.

___________________________________________________

Since this post is really late, I'll include the pictures from his final preschool graduation party. 


I cannot stress how wonderful Miss Dana was for our boy. She really did 'get' him and was patient with his quirks. Whenever we remind him to hold his pencil the correct way, he'll say, "Like Miss Dana said to pinch it like a crab". I am so glad he had the chance to be in her classroom this past year.


All his preschool friends were so sweet. They each recited a prose that they had memorized and did a great job.


He got his certificate and a big hug, and was able to be the 'Days of the Week' helper.


I don't know what else to say other than how blessed we are to have this great kid in our family. He has grown leaps and bounds in the last little bit and I'm not worried for a second about how great he'll be with a new baby. 


No comments: