Wednesday, February 11, 2009

super duper cherry chocolate goodness

i saw this picture in the latest issue of Better Homes and Gardens and just had to taste it. we had the missionaries over for dinner last night, so this was our dessert (it fallowed my super yummy chicken chili- which was a hit).

i didn't actually make the cake from scratch using their recipe- why would i do that when i have duncan hines? i made 2 six inch cakes and split them in half, creating 4 cake layers. the cherry filling was super easy too. 1 cup whipping cream, 1 cup sour cream, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 2+ tablespoons juice from the cherry jar whipped up in the kitchen aid. i used the cherries as a garnish- of course- and it looked beautiful!

but most important- it tasted wonderful too!

3 comments:

Adam and Samantha said...

Oh my gosh that looks so good, I think I'm going to have to make that, it sounds easy, so I think I can actually handle it!

Jim said...

I saw the book open to that page on Sunday when we were over for dinner. Looks great, but we really liked the pudding!! Thanks for having us over.

Karen Scott Welker said...

Oooooh, looks yummy. That would be a perfect Valentine treat.